This classically detailed, grade C listed, town hall was first built in the early 19th century. In 1860 a "lesser hall" was built at the rear, the foundation stone of which was laid by "His Grace the Duke of Athole". The Town Hall formerly incorporated 'Police Cells and Town Officer's House'.
Blairgowrie Town Hall is the only Town Hall in the whole of the Perth & Kinross Council area which is not owned and run by the council. It has it's own local management committee which ensures that it is used for a myriad of local activities from yoga to pantomime and is the home for many weddings and birthdays as well as the Blairgowrie players.
Dougie went to high school in Blairgowrie and in the early 70s was involved in running a thriving folk club there (along with Ewen Sutherland, Andy M Stewart and Martin and Kenny Hadden). He has always been interested in the town which has grown from mills and berry farms... with a rich seam of musical history.
Address: Blairgowrie Town Hall, Brown Street, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH10 6HA.